GES 2017: Prime Minister Modi praised on Tuesday the vital contribution of women who have made India proud in several fields.
Addressing the inaugural session of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit, she said that “the theme, ‘women first, prosperity for all’ makes this edition of GSE stand out.In Indian mythology, women are an incarnation of Shakti- the Goddess of God, we believe that the empowerment of women is vital for our development.
GES 2017 will exhibit women who have dared to be different. Three of the oldest high courts in India headed by women. The Mars Mission of India had an immense contribution of women scientists. Not only at ISRO, even Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams contributed greatly to the US space projects. UU UU More than 60 percent of workers in the agricultural and allied sector are women, he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also listed the steps taken by the government to facilitate business in India. Here are the highlights
GES 2017: PM Modi Highlights Measures
- India has improved its ease of doing business rate in three years and credits the plans launched by its government, the prime minister said.
- My government has eased FDI in two crucial sectors.
- It is projected that smartphone users in India will grow to 580 million by 2018, offering opportunities for job creation.
- We launched ‘AIMtoInnovate’ with more than 900 Atal Tinkering Labs to promote a culture of innovation among children.
- Aadhaar covers 1.15 billion people; 40 million digital transactions that happen every day.
- Startup India is a comprehensive action plan to support new companies. More than 70 million loans have been transferred to Women Entrepreneurs.
- BHIM application that processes 280,000 transactions daily.
- Each of you, young Indian entrepreneurs, has the ability to create a New India 2022, he said.
- Numerous incubation centers have been created in several universities to promote innovative initiatives that are scalable and sustainable.
- Through Jan Dhan Yojana and the direct transfer scheme, the government has incorporated the informal sector into the banking system.
- Recently, a historical review of the tax system was carried out, which includes the GST throughout the country.
- Our Swachh Bharat Mission to improve sanitation and cleanliness, and rural and urban housing missions underscore our commitment to the dignity of life.
- Our infrastructure and connectivity programs, such as Sagarmala and Bharatmala, offer entrepreneurs many business opportunities for investment.
- Our recent World Food India initiative helped us get involved with entrepreneurs in the food processing industry and in the agricultural waste sectors.
- Hard measures have been taken to address the parallel economy, control tax evasion and control black money.
- Our efforts have been recognized by the recent update of the ratings of the government bonds of India by Moody’s. This update comes after a gap of almost 14 years.
- India has improved its range from 54 in 2014 to 35 in 2016 in the Logistics Performance Index of the World Bank. This means the relative ease and efficiency with which products can be moved to and from a country.
- A favorable environment for investment must be stable from a macroeconomic perspective. We have managed to contain fiscal deficits and current account deficits and curb inflation. Our foreign exchange reserves have crossed 400 billion dollars, and we continue to attract a large flow of foreign capital.
Also, call the young people to be part of News India. “To my young and enterprising friends from India, I want to tell you: each of you has something valuable to contribute to the creation of a New India in 2022. They are vehicles for change and instruments of the transformation of India,” he said. .
“I want to tell my entrepreneur friends from all over the world: come, manufacture in India, invest in India, in India and in the world, I invite you to join in the growth story of India. , we assure you of our unconditional support, he added.
For Latest News Alerts, Stay Tuned with 24newsalerts.com