Hinduism Facts: Carrying with it the legacy of being the third largest religion in the world and containing a wide range of philosophies, Hinduism is certainly a unique way of life. It is an eternal tradition of bringing spiritual practices to practical synthesis and creating sustainable ways to create and develop a tradition of mythological beliefs. It is the fusion of eternal truth with the mystic.
Hinduism has allowed you to help in the final realisation of the being and the soul through different forms of behavioural teachings that include mainly meditation, good works, morality and devotion.
There are still many things about this religion that you are not aware of. Discover some of the incredible Hinduism Facts:
Hinduism Facts – Interesting Facts About Hinduism:
- Hinduism is the oldest known religion in the world. In fact, it goes back up to 5,000-10,000 B.C.
- No founder or governing body of Hinduism is known.
- “Hinduism” is not the real word for religion. That was composed by Greeks and Arabs for those who lived on the Sindhu River. The real name of Hinduism is Sanatana Dharma. This means “eternal dharma” or eternal truth.
- Hindus believe that the purpose of life is to achieve self-realization or enlightenment.
- Hinduism is the third largest religion in the world, with more than one billion followers.
- Hindus believe that there is only an eternal and unmanifested reality that can be found through enlightenment. This reality has taken the form of everything we see today, including gods and goddesses. So, although they worship many gods, it is actually a monotheistic religion.
- Dharma (rectitude), Artha (means of money), Kama (right desire) and Moksha (salvation), make up the 4 main goals of the life of Hinduism.
- The main books of Hinduism are: the Vedas, the Ramayana, the Bhagavad Gita, the 18 Puranas and the Mahabharata.
- The oldest language in the world and most common language for Hindu scriptures is Sanskrit.
- Hinduism strongly encourages a vegetarian diet, something that many Hindus follow. However, many practitioners in India simply skip meat and pork from their diet, and follow vegetarian guidelines on auspicious days.
Amazing Hinduism Facts:
- Hindus believe in reincarnation: the soul is immortal, but it takes the form of many bodies until they reach enlightenment.
- The Rig Veda is the oldest known book in the world.
- The Vedas were preserved for more than 5,000 years without the use of printing. This was done by memorization!
- The ideas of decimals and many other complex mathematical equations were created by Hindus.
- Om is considered to be the subtle sound of the universe and can be heard in deep meditation.
- The supreme divine spirit is considered masculine and feminine.
- Yoga, Pranayama, Tantra, Meditation, Jyotish, Vastu, Astrology are huge contributions to the world, and have become extremely popular in the West. often influencing many different aspects of culture: fashion, diet, lifestyle and spirituality .
- The Kumbhamela, a spiritual gathering of all kinds every 3 years, is the largest gathering of human beings in the world.
- There are three main sects in Hinduism: Shaiva, Shakti and Vaishnava. But these are not strict; A follower can practice multiple paths because they are very similar.
- Hinduism accepts the idea that any person in any religion can achieve salvation / enlightenment through perseverance, devotion and personal experience in deep prayer or meditation. Instead of closing themselves to many religions, they have opened up to it.
Hinduism Facts – Unknown Facts About Hinduism:
There is only one God in Hinduism:
Yes, there is only one god in Hindusim And that is Brahman. However, Brahman has three forms. Brahma (Creator), Vishnu (Preserver) and Shiva (Destroyer). People divided them into different figures such as Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Mata Saraswati, etc.
From stones to plants, you can choose anything from nature:
Hinduism never limits you to praying only to the sculptures of the gods, you can choose anything that interests you from nature. People worship stones, animals, stars, plants, earth, etc.
The only religion in the world that promotes feminism:
This is one of the strongest facts of this religion. You will find figures like Lord Shiva, Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Mata Laxmi, Mata Vaishno, Mata Saraswati, etc. The Brahma gave equal powers and rights to the male and female gods, and this is literally setting a good example.
People also worship Bleeding Devi in Hinduism:
Menstrual discussions are considered taboo in Indian society, but it is not the same case in Hinduism. People worship the bleeding Devi of the Kamakhya Temple. It is considered that a woman is in a pure state during periods and that she should be worshiped.
Some Hindu temples are made for a different purpose:
Do you know the history of the temples of Khajuraho? You will find different types of sculptures in these temples, exhibiting sexual positions. These have been built when people became saints, spending their time in temples. This was leading to a sharp decline in population statistics for that region.
The art of flexible religion:
There are no hard and fast rules in Hinduism. Everyone is free to accept anything without limitations. There are no restrictions to consider other religions as well, since there is only one god and we worship him in different ways.
Hinduism Facts – Unknown Facts of Hinduism:
There are no written scriptures:
Yes, the reason for Hinduism revolves around the fact that a person must listen to the Vedas, instead of just writing them. However, some saints eventually wrote Vedas after some years of the discovery of Hinduism.
Theists and atheists share the same land in Hinduism:
Yes, a person can be an atheist and there is nothing wrong, according to the rules of Hinduism. The reason is to spread the positivity either by considering the existence of the god or by analysing different concepts.
Hinduism never limits you to a particular caste:
No one in this world will tell you, but there are no castes in Hinduism. The concept of castes was created by people who wanted to diversify religion by introducing a new factor.
Wealth is not considered a sin:
Hinduism makes people live in a real world. This religion promotes the money, sex and basic needs of a normal human. People love Mata Laxmi for money, Mata Santoshi for peace and Mata Rati for sex.
Suicide is the right of a person:
The laws of our world consider that attempting suicide is disdainful. However, approve this practice. According to them, the act of suicide allows a person to reach the divine powers of this universe.
Hinduism is the eternal search for a man behind the truth:
It is said that when people seek the truth, they automatically end up in Hinduism.
Daily Stay Updates with 24newsalerts.